If you are not familiar with the “Favorite Face of …” series, click here for a little introduction. Short story even shorter, it is the makeup that I wore most during that month, featuring the favorite (as in most used) makeup products.
If you are makeup obsessive lover like I am, you are constantly on the hunt for inspiration.
And what better place to find it than other beauty blogs? Sometimes I can’t exactly pinpoint where I found inspiration, but this time it was fairly easy:
Over at Maireems cute little blog, in exactly this post: We will always have red.
|Favorite Face of June|
Now you know I love my red lips, but the way she described the “effortless Parisian way” of wearing them sounded so posh, I had to try it.
1. Products used on my face
For the effortless look I went very light with the base, which also saved me time in the mornings (always appreciated!).
– MAC Pro Conceal and Correct Palette in Light (Review here) on spots, scars and a little around my nose to conceal redness
– Maybelline Mattemaker Powder in “Light Beige” (Review here) dusted lightly all over my face to take away the shine
– The Body Shop Honey Bronze Bronzer in 02 (Review here) for warmth and color
– Maybelline Fit Me Concealer in 15 (Review here) on top of my undereye corrector, taken down on the cheekbones of highlighting.
|Products used on my face: Maybelline Mattemaker, The Body Shop Bronzer, Maybelline Fit Me Concealer, MAC Pro Conceal and Correct Palette|
2. Products used on eyes and lips:
To add softness but definition to the eyes, I used a soft base, smudged liner and loads of mascara.
– Clinique Chubby Stick for eyes in “Bountiful Beige” all over my lid
– MAC Fluidline in “Avenue” (LE), a soft brown with golden sparkle, smudged close to the lash line
– Revlon Photoready 3D Volume mascara in “Black” on my upper and lower lashes
– Revlon Super lustrous lipstick in “Really Red” (Matte) (Review here)
|Clinique Chubby Stick for eyes, MAC Fluidline, Revlon lipstick, Revlon Photoready 3D Mascara|
Before we end this post, can we please take a moment and admire the way my hair looks in this picture?
Now I don’t want to sound vain, but this is exactly how I want my hair to look, with silky soft Hollywood waves, no frizz.
But no matter how hard I try, it never looks this way.
This time I did nothing at all to style it, I just undid my bun, brushed it and voila!
Of course the picture was taken just before I headed off to a sweaty workout, on a day when I had absolutely nowhere special to go and the husband was working late. And I guess it will never look this way again…
So what have you been loving this month?
And does your hair play tricks like this on you, too?