If you are not familiar with the “Inspired by…” series, click here for an explanation.
But short story even shorter, each month I choose a seasonal ad and try to recreate the models look with colors I already own.
Dressing up and awkward posing included!
This months installment is the Dior Glowing Gardens Collection, which stood out to me due to the fact that the model was wearing yellow eyeshadow, paired with purple.
To be honest, I didn’t own a yellow eyeshadow and don’t think it is a color I´d get much use out of, but with “Fasching” (carnival) in Germany in full swing when I filmed it, there were a lot of drugstore options available. And with an affordable yellow at hand, it was time to get filming!
Products used on my face
- Maybelline “Eraser” in 01 “Light” (Review here)
- Catrice All Matt plus Shine Control Makeup in 010 “Light Beige”
- The Body Shop Shade Adjusting Drops “Lightening”
- Collection Lasting Perfection Concealer in 1 “Fair”
- Clinique Chubby Stick for cheeks in “amp´d up the apple”
- MAC Powder Blush in “Prim&Proper” (Satin, LE)
Products used on my eyes and lips
- MAC Paint Pot in “Painterly” all over the lid
- MAC e/s in “Semiprecious” (LE) in the outer corner
- MAC e/s in “Dames Desire” (LE) in the middle of the lid
- MAC e/s in “Sand n Sun” in the inner corner and crease/for blending
- p2 e/s in “Green Costume” (LE, current) on the brow bone and inner corner
- L´Oréal Super Liner in “Extra Black Gloss” on upper lash line (Review here)
- L´Oréal Super Liner Silkissime in “Seductive Black” on lower waterline
- Lancôme Grandiôse Mascara in 01
- Revlon Super Lustrous lipstick in “Kissable Pink”
I wasn´t able to get a rose for shooting, so a tulip had to do.
Do you wear yellow eyeshadow on a regular basis?
Shop this post