With summer waving it´s Goodbye and fall slowly approaching, it is time to take a step back and face your summer sins. And I am not talking the one too many Mojitos with the cute guy at the beach bar.
Honestly, I am not. I am a married mother of two, things like that are completely alien to me.
No, I am talking the sun and the salt and the late nights out that result in a lack of proper skincare. And way too little face masks. These are the sins you will need to address, now that seasons are changing.
Breakouts and hyper pigmentation or dry patches and dull skin, both are possible. But fear not, there is a cure for every sin. At least in skincare.
The Tata Harper Replenishing Nutrient Complex promises to tackle dryness and dullness, so let´s see how it performed.
What Tata Harper claims:
This concentrated face oil infuses the skin with essential vitamins, amino acids, minerals, and antioxidants to transform dry, chapped irritated patches into balanced, radiant looking skin.
Prize and size
One bottle contains 10 ml and retails for 49 $ here. 10 ml may not sound like a lot, but my bottle lasted me for almost a year of using it approximately three times a week. The standard Tata packaging, green glass with golden writing is combined with a rollerball for convenient application.
Texture and smell
This is a rich oil. None of the lightweight, barely there oils, but a proper oil that you can massage into your skin. It does not leave a residue though and you need not fear for your pillow cases. The scent is best described as herbal. To my nose not overly pleasant, but what I would associate with a 100 % natural blend.
Application and effects
The rollerball makes for a fun and unique experience. I rolled it once across my forehead and each cheek as well as three times down my neck and then spread everything with my fingers. Now I don´t have dull skin, so I can´t tell how well it would work for that, but any (rare) dry patches that appeared on my skin were quickly gone after application and it left my skin soft and hydrated.
- Rosa Canina Seed Extract: Rich in Vitamin C, combats hyper pigmentation
- Simmondsia chinensis (Jojoba) seed oil: Hydrating
- Olea europaea (Olive) oil: Rich in essential fatty acids, hydrating
- Prunus armeniaca (Apricot) kernel oil: Anti-inflammatory, hydrating
- Borago officinalis Leaf Extract: Rich in fatty acids, anti-inflammatory
- Medicago sativa (Alfalfa) leaf Extract: Antioxidant
- Sambucus nigra (Elderberry) fruit extract: Rich in antioxidants
- Calendula officinalis flower Extract: Anti-oxidant, anti-inflammatory
- Arnica montana leaf Extract: Anti-inflammatory
- Tilia europaea (Linden) leaf/flower Extract: Anti-oxidant
- Daucus carota sativa (Carrot) root Extract: Rich in antioxydants, Vitamin E and C, anti-inflammatory
- Linalool, Limonene, Geraniol, Farnesol, Citronellol: Potential irritants, all occurring naturally in essential oils
Does it live up to its claims?
It is concentrated for sure, as you only need the tiniest amount, and it is filled with antioxidants and nourishing ingredients.
Would I repurchase?
At the moment, my skin is neither dull nor do I have dry patches frequently, so I am not sure if I need it in my arsenal. But if that should change, and I am well aware that this might happen once the hormones have gone back to normal, I might reach for it more often.
Who do I recommend it to?
People that struggle with dull and dehydrated skin.
People that want to show the skin some extra loving after a sinful summer.
People with mature skin.
Frequent flyers. The small size and the rollerball make it a great in-flight treatment for your skin.
Have you any summer sins you would like to confess? Come on, we are all friends here!
If you want to see what my summer included, here is my latest Vlog:
All products were purchased with my own money and all opinions are honest and my own. Some links used above may be affiliate links.